What is Confidence?
Feeling confident is essential in all aspects of your life – it helps you reach your goals to try new things, to believe in your decision making capabilities and to be independent. Having confidence enables you to manage stress and equips you to deal with emotional, practical and physical problems.
I like to think that confidence is a like a water tank you continually have to top up to keep a good supply in reserve.
It’s about focussing on the times when you have felt confident, and learning what made you so confident.
No one feels confident all the time and feeling stressed, anxious or worried should in no way be considered a weakness.
Here are some examples of changes I have seen in my practice when clients have come to me to help them with their confidence. Clients have:
- Gained confidence and self belief in their abilities that it enabled them to apply (and get) a promotion at work
- Developed self-acceptance and self-care to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Felt confident and able to assert themselves at work
- Overcome their fears of presenting in front of an audience
- Rebuild their confidence after a particularly unpleasant bullying experience in their workplace.
- Overcome imposter syndrome.
Stony Stratford (Milton Keynes) practice: for counselling and psychotherapy near Bletchley, Central Milton Keynes, Deanshanger, Yardley Gobion, Wolverton, Pottersbury, Towcester, Buckingham, Bicester, Calverton, Stantonbury, Kiln Farm, Shenley (Brook End, Church End & Lodge), Winslow and Newport Pagnell. Counsellor near me, therapist near me, counselling in Milton Keynes, therapist in Milton Keynes, counselling for stress, counselling for anxiety, counselling for depression, counsellor near me, counselling for self esteem, help for anxiety, help for depression, help for loss, northampton, bedford, luton, counselling, good counsellor near me